We’re looking for an empathetic leader to help us build and grow the best design team in the world.
We’re working for and with our users to build a service that’s fair, transparent and a delight to use. You’ll be working with a team designing products that’s part of day to day life for more than a million people already, and your work here will help us scale much further, ensuring a high bar of quality for design and a focus on solving user problems as we grow.
Help us evolve Betao’s product, from the Android and iPhone apps to our web properties and all the we have ahead.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage designers who work embedded in independent product squads, working on all the surfaces that make up a user’s experience with Betao.
- Collaborate with your peers in leadership within Product, Engineering and Data Science to define a strategic vision for what we build, helping focus on solving user problems.
- Help set clear development goals for your team, and regularly check in on progress.
- Help designers define their career paths, identify opportunities and level up to do the best work of their lives.
- Hire and develop more managers and designers as we grow.
- Represent us publicly in the ways that feel natural to you: writing, speaking, or running events in order to share what we do.
You should apply if:
- You’ve managed designers before!
- You’re passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.
- You inspire and motivate people to do their best work.
- You know how to grow and hire new leaders.
- You’re product-minded and intensely customer-focused.
- You care about design all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- You’re a skilled communicator and know how to work with independent teams.
- You know how to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work.
- You love change and know how to manage it.
We’ve gone through several phases of growth at Betao, and we’re about to go through several more. It’s thrilling and a bit unpredictable, and we like it that way. Join us!